Monday, August 16, 2010

don't mind the smoke, we're just pulling off your roof

Kevin only ordered *one* beekeeper's veil and *one* smoker. But he wanted *both* of us to check on the bees. I think you can see why he was really the one checking on our "gentle" Carniolian bee family. I sat on a bucket a bit away from the action and found a little friend who had landed on my flip flop. I don't think it was long for this world so I let it crawl around on me while I stared at all the intricate little hairs and tiny little moving parts. Kevin had fun on the macro end of it, I liked the micro.

high socks and pantaloons are back this season.
so are smoking cans of eucalyptus leaves(?)

This was supposed to be a 3 minute video. But my iphone lied and this is all it captured.
at least you see the little hive.

Aforementioned bee friend on aforementioned flip flop.


It dusted off it's pollen-y legs on my hand. Sign of love? Or sign of ignorance? I dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment